Paraplegic.

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Sat Apr 14 21:08:47 UTC 2001

In a message dated 04/14/2001 3:23:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
charles at FREUDE.COM writes:

> My father (native Atlantan,  1906-1986, dropped out in eighth grade) said
>  "burgular" and "Perishing" (for Pershing).

"Perishing" is a great name for a general.  Was it your father who decided to
build the Pentagon in the middle of a cemetery?

The Parapelegic War, fought between the muscle-bound oaves of Sparta and the
I'm-so-intellectual-my-muscles-have-atrophied Athenians, lasted a generation,
after which there were so many unemployed soldiers in Greece that ten
thousand of them signed on for a Persian filibuster.  The administrative
burden of ten thousand mercenaries was such that one of their leaders, named
Xerophone, invented (and named after himself) the Xerox machine.

See what a week on matzoh will do for you?

      - Jim Landau