reservoir.

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Tue Apr 17 12:43:44 UTC 2001

In a message dated 4/17/01 7:26:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
preston at PILOT.MSU.EDU writes:

> Not unless the Pacific Northwest includes Louisville, KY.
>
> dInIs
>
> >Peter, Anne and I agree, so it must have something to do with the Pacific
> >Northwest. "Reservor" is what I grew up with. >>

I also grew up in Louisville, KY (the East End, near Bowman Field) and to the
best of my recollection that big artificial lake at the Crescent Hill pumping
station was the "Resevwar".  ("r" on both ends but not in the middle).

      - Jim Landau

P.S. Someone on this list mentioned "Nabany"  (the town across the river from
Louisville).  I can recall several variations of the name "New Albany" but I
cannot recall any that did not have four syllables.