reservoir.

Peter A. McGraw pmcgraw at LINFIELD.EDU
Tue Apr 17 21:19:04 UTC 2001

And in any case, I'd dispute that "avoirdupois" is an example of the
preservation of the French pronunciation of the sequence -ois.  I first
learned it as the thoroughly "naturalized" [aev at rd@poiz], and to the best
of my recollection that's also how it was pronounced on the two or three
other occasions in my life that I've heard it.

Peter Mc.

--On Tuesday, April 17, 2001 5:03 PM -0400 Beverly Flanigan