Epicurious & Lobster Diabiola; Oxford American Dictionary apology

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Apr 22 03:53:30 UTC 2001

EPICURIOUS & LOBSTER DIABIOLA

   Two more from WINTER EDITION 1937-1938, GOING PLACES IN NEW YORK CITY by the BROOKLYN DAILY EAGLE (H. D. Copp, editor).
   "Epicurious" has been popularized with www.epicurious.com.
   I'm recording "Lobster Diabola" and "Lobster fra Diavolo."

Pg. 27:
   ARMENIAN
Arakel's......116 Lexington Avenue
The "epicurious" get delirious with delight at the thought of their honeyed bread with slightly chilled cream.

Pg. 47:
La Palina.....179 Navy Street
Ask any spaghetti addict about this place.  It's widely known and much favored by theatrical celebs and atmosphere hunters.  We recommend the Baked Oysters, the Chicken Cacciatore, and the Lobster Diabiola.  The service is slow and the waiters fresh but the food is well worth the strain on your disposition.