"shave ice"

Mark Mandel Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Wed Aug 15 18:23:44 UTC 2001

I think we've discussed this form ("d"-less) before. Here's another data
point, from "Murphy's Laws - Hawaiian Style" sent me by a chart relative:

     The syrup in your shave ice will always run out before the ice.

And ibid. also

     The chance of you losing the top of your shave ice is directly
     proportional to how long the line was.

Matter of fact, there are a lot of interesting usages in there. I think
I'll post most of the list, later on.

                  Mark A. Mandel : Senior Linguist
            Dragon Systems, a Lernout & Hauspie company
 320 Nevada St., Newton, MA 02460, USA : http://www.dragonsys.com