Pepperidge farm What?

Steve Harper sharper1 at NC.RR.COM
Mon Dec 17 20:06:38 UTC 2001

Interesting.  My father owned a small grocery in suburban Cincinnati from
the mid-40s until 1972.  I remember that when we first got Pepperidge Farm
bread in the 50s it was still shipped by Railway Express (did they ever use
_American_ Express to deliver bread?), and the delivery man would bring it
in in the large boxes in which he had received it.  It sold very well, too.

Regards,
Steve Harper
Fayetteville, NC