Fwd: You know you're from Rochester, NY when...

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Feb 23 01:15:02 UTC 2001

Lynne Murphy writes:

>13. You ask lifetime residents where the George Eastman House is, but they
>don't know either.

Well, I knew where it was, but then I wasn't a lifetime resident--it
just seemed that way, especially during the winter.

>19. You can travel from Egypt to Greece in about a half-hour by car.

They forgot:  '...and you know Chili is somewhere to live, not just
something to eat--and that it rhymes with "jai-alai", not with
"hilly" '

>25. When 18+ inches of snow falls overnight, but you never thought of NOT
>going to work.

The last time it did that to me, I thought of moving to California--and did.

>28. In winter if the temperature hits 45 degrees and the sun comes out,
>people walk around downtown wearing shades and no jackets.

Well, yes, but if so you might be from Madison, WI.

Must be a generalization here...

larry