Hispanofranglais

Mon Mar 5 19:20:20 UTC 2001

"Ignorance" is not the issue here.  Words are generally adapted to local or
in-country pronunciation norms, no matter the country.  The French source
clearly knows what the word means; she's simply changed the
pronunciation--or borrowed the British pronunciation, as Robertson
suggests.  We've discussed this phenomenon several times on the list, I
believe.