Tony Glaser tonyglaser at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Mar 20 12:27:48 UTC 2001

>The tree-grafting sense does not seem apt to the context. There is a BrE
>sense, that of 'work', thus 'a worker'. I'm not certain what the Telegraph

I am pretty certain. The use of "hard graft" or a "grafter" to mean
hard work is common in British English.

Tony Glaser

More information about the Ads-l mailing list