Reuben & Rachel

Wilcox, Rose (ZB5646) Rose.Wilcox at PINNACLEWEST.COM
Thu Aug 1 00:57:19 UTC 2002

I was upset some years ago when I ordered a "Turkey Reuben" at Coco's and
found --to my horror-- that it was served not only with Turkey instead of
corned beef which I expected, but with cole slaw instead of sauerkraut.
Here is the description from the menu (also found at
http://www.cocosbakery.com/hotSandwiches.htm):

Turkey Reuben
Shaved turkey breast, melted Swiss cheese, creamy cole slaw, and Thousand
Island dressing between slices of grilled, rye bread.

Since that time I have checked the menu carefully before ordering a
"Reuben".  My memory serves up a vague stirring that perhaps once or twice
running across a "Reuben" served with cole slaw instead of sauerkraut.

Rosie Wilcox (who thought she knew what a Reuben was once upon a time)