FW: UC whatever

Beverly Flanigan flanigan at OHIOU.EDU
Sat Aug 10 22:29:20 UTC 2002

Ohio University sued a few years ago for the exclusive right to the label
"Ohio," and won--much to OSU's chagrin.  Now "Ohio" is used by all the
bigwigs here (though not by any faculty I know), to the point where it's
confused at times with the state itself.  The powers that be also changed
the e-dress tag (or whatever it's called) to ohio.edu, though many of us
still use ohiou.edu.  Ridiculous.

On the U of Minnesota:  When I went to school in Mpls a hundred years ago,
we referred to it as simply "the U."  Was there any other?