MLA cocktails invite (28 Dec.)

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Mon Dec 16 17:33:26 UTC 2002

Dear colleague,

This is a semi-open[1] invitation to a cocktail party
during this year's Modern Language Association conference
in New York. Since I live there, I thought that the least
I can do is to have everyone over who might be in town for
the event. Please come! We'll all get the chance to schmooze.

Cocktails, Saturday, 28 December 2002 from 8.00-10.00 p.m.,
2 Beekman Place Apt. 4A (that's at 50th Street, East of
First Ave.), New York. Please RSVP to me by e-mail at
jester at panix.com . Feel free to bring a friend or other
company.

I apologize in advance for any duplicated receipt of this
message, but I'm sending it to a few lists as well as to
some people personally.

Hope to see you there.

With best wishes,

Jesse Sheidlower
Oxford English Dictionary

[1] If you are a member of the American Dialect Society or the
Dictionary Society of North America, or if you're otherwise a
working linguist or lexicographer, or if I've sent this
specifically to you, or if I've ever discussed language issues
with you either in person or by e-mail, consider yourself
invited. Otherwise, please send me e-mail and I'm sure I'll
let you come anyway.