Colorado Historic Newspaper Collection; Point Man Pressure (1970)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Dec 11 03:26:58 UTC 2003

OT: I worked in Manhattan today.  The Bronx Help Center was closed today.
I'm scheduled to return to the Bronx on Friday.  (No thonx?)

COLORADO HISTORIC NEWSPAPER COLLECTION

   One for Fred Shapiro's little list of electronic databases.  When fin
ished, Colorado might have "I'm from Missouri" in this period.
   This project is using the same Olive software as the Brooklyn Eagle, the
Missouri Historical Newspapers Project, and the British National Library
Newspapers Project.

http://www.cdpheritage.org/newspapers/news_2003-10-23.html

Denver, CO, October 22, 2003 – The University of Denver Penrose Library,
Colorado Digitization Program (CDP), Colorado State Library and Colorado
Historical Society received a 2003 Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS)
National Leadership grant for $249,232 to digitizing approximately 125,000 pages
from Colorado’s historic newspapers, 1880-1899. This project will add to an
existing initiative that is converting forty-four newspapers representing more
than 50,000 pages. Through these projects researchers, genealogists, students,
teachers and those interested in Colorado history will be able to search for a
wide range of topics, people and events as well as view full page images of
these historic newspapers. “This project will provide our students and educators—
and anyone who loves Colorado history--with an unparalleled view of Colorado’
s past,” commented Nancy Bolt, Colorado State Librarian. The Colorado’s
Historic Newspaper Collection will be available on the Internet through CDP’s web
site (<A HREF="http://www.cdpheritage.org/">http://www.cdpheritage.org</A>) and the Colorado Virtual Library (<A HREF="http://www.aclin.org/">
http://www.aclin.org</A>). “This project will allow scanning across all newspapers at one
time, which is now not possible. With this project, faculty, researchers, and
students will be able to do research efficiently, seeing history and social
issues from new vantage points,” noted Nancy Allen, Dean of Libraries, University
of Denver. This project will use Olive Software’s ActivePaper Archive™ that is
specifically designed to handle historic newspapers (<A HREF="http://www.uk.olivesoftware.com/">
http://www.uk.olivesoftware.com</A>).

Additional newspapers would be added to the Collection as funds are
available. It is the intent of the project partners that the Colorado’s Historic
Newspaper Collection would eventually include papers through 1923, a total of
1,640,000 pages. “If we can provide easy access to the information about the people
who made Colorado what it is today, genealogists and historians will be very
pleased,” commented Rebecca Lintz, Librarian, Colorado Historical Society. The
Collection is being created from the microfilm collection held by the Colorado
Historical Society

POINT GUARD

THE SLIDING ZONE DEFENSE
by John S. Egli
West Nyack, NY:  Parker Publishing Company. Inc.
1970

Pg. 146:  Point Man Pressure.

(As close as the book comes--ed.)