Vocabula

Robert Hartwell Fiske Vocabula at AOL.COM
Sun Jun 22 15:55:07 UTC 2003

In a message dated 6/22/2003 11:48:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
translation at BILLIONBRIDGES.COM writes:

> Wouldn't this remarkable ability of Bush "and his
> minions" to "deceive the world" imply at least a
> modicum of smarts and care on their part, two
> qualities not generally associated with laxness?

Perhaps, but the bigger, more disturbing, issue is that the general public
(esp., it seems to me, in this country) does not think; people do not question
as they should. People are too easily duped. Lies, however deliberately or
cleverly used, remain lax language.

Robert Hartwell Fiske
Editor and Publisher
The Vocabula Review