WHEEL.bair.uh? (was "wheel barrels?")

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Thu Aug 12 11:29:50 UTC 2004

I don't deny that there are plenty of nonstandard speakers (as I
prefaced all my remarks identifying) who do not l-vocalize. I think
I was even sympathetic. Perhaps I should have continued to say "in
those dialects which l-vocalize" in front of every assertion. Guess
it seemed unnecessary.

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
University Distinguished Professor of Linguistics
preston at msu.edu