dialectal "from the home" /of the home

Marsha Alley marshaalley at MSN.COM
Wed Dec 1 01:27:01 UTC 2004

I was an innocent bystander, officer.  Well, nearly.  Had those women not put the fear of God in me to such a high degree, I might have walked off with the bemused cowpoke while they were busy.  He was fine.  Unh-huh......just to keep it on topic.   :-)

Marsha

  Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU<mailto:ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>>
  Poster:       "Baker, John" <JMB at STRADLEY.COM<mailto:JMB at STRADLEY.COM>>
  Subject:      Re: dialectal "from the home" /of the home

          I've heard the story about one riot, one Texas Ranger many times before, but, I must say, never before expressed as well as by Jonathan.  Does anyone happen to know if it is true?

          Marsha, were you one of the two combatants, or just an observer?

  John Baker