Linguistics research

Thu Dec 2 03:36:40 UTC 2004

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 12:46:43 -0500, Beverly Flanigan <flanigan at OHIO.EDU>
wrote:

>At 12:06 PM 12/1/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>>As a further complication, I don't find the journal "Journal of Language
>>and Linguistics" in either RLIN or OCLC.  Both want to foist off on me a
>>journal that's primarily in Thai and has a somewhat different title.  So
>>perhaps I am being too stern to blame the MLA & the others for not listing
>>the Miyamoto aticle, but the basic question remains: when you folks have
>>to research a problem in linguistics, what general linguistics database do
>>you find most serviceable.
>
>LLBA--only and ever.  It lists books, articles, book chapters, and
>abstracts, in all the subfields, as far as I know.
>I couldn't find the journal title you named though; are you sure it's the
>exact title?

The Journal of Language and Linguistics is rather new (first issue 2002)
and is currently only published online.  The editors are Karl A. Bernhardt
(Univ. of Buckingham) and Graeme Davis (Univ. of Northumbria).

See: <http://www.shakespeare.uk.net/journal/jlling_home.html>.

>Miyamoto used to teach in our dept., so I should be able to track down his
>article if you need it.  However, I can't recall the title you wanted; can
>you send it again?

I gave the link to the article in my original posting-- here it is again:

http://www.shakespeare.uk.net/journal/2_2/miyamoto.html
http://www.shakespeare.uk.net/journal/2_2/miyamoto.doc

--Ben Zimmer