Chicago Tribune: WINDY CITY: Where did it come from?

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at UMR.EDU
Tue Dec 7 18:02:37 UTC 2004

Barry Popik's long-awaited recognition for his work on Chicago's sobriquet "Windy City" finally came today in Nathan Bierma's Chicago Tribune story.
Mr. Bierma deserves credit for doing his level best to get to the bottom of the story, and his article is very welcome indeed. Thanks go to him; and to Barry: Congratulations!

Gerald Cohen
P.S. I'd like to reprint the whole story here but am not sure where that stands with regard to copyright restrictions.

<Then: text of article---snip>