FW: shock rock, cock rock

Dave Hause dwhause at JOBE.NET
Sat Dec 11 04:18:27 UTC 2004

I knew "greaser" from the mid-late 60s in central Illinois (an area with
essentially zero Mexican visibility) and the usage seemed to be street
hotrodders with greased ducktail haircuts.
Dave Hause, dwhause at jobe.net
Ft. Leonard Wood, MO
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mullins, Bill" <Bill.Mullins at US.ARMY.MIL>
The Creem archive could be very productive.

"freek", Mar 1969 (first issue):
"They achieve this end by the employment of several well muscled, but
friendly (to freeks) bouncers."
[Note: this article also refers to "greasers" several times.  I get the
impression that it refers not to Mexicans, which definition the OED
contains, but to Blacks, which isn't in the OED.]