RamaHanuKwanzMas

neil neil at TYPOG.CO.UK
Thu Dec 16 15:19:01 UTC 2004

In 2000 I received a Xmas card which bore on the front 'Best wishes...'

Inside was the following:

  for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress,
non-addictive, gender neutral, winter solstice holiday, practised within the
most joyous traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, but with
respect for the religious persuasion of others who choose to practise their
own religion as well as those who choose not to practise a religion at all;
plus a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically
uncomplicated recognition of the generally accepted calendar year 2000, but
not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose
contributions have helped make our society great, without regard to the
race, creed, colour, religious, or sexual preferences of the wishes.²*

*Disclaimer: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It
implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for
her/ himself or others and no responsibility for any unintended emotional
stress these greetings may bring to those not caught up in the holiday
spirit.

The back bore a graphic of two felled trees, with the following statement:

This card is manufactured from
illegally imported wood,
stolen from persecuted Indians
in a country you¹ve never heard of.
For every tree cut down at least
two more are wasted.

Neil Crawford
typoG
Flat A
70 Muswell Hill Road
London
N10 3JR

+44 (0)20 8444 1234
neil at typog.co.uk

typog at ridgepaperprint.co.uk
01245 458675

on 16/12/04 3:12 pm, David Bowie at db.list at PMPKN.NET wrote:

> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       David Bowie <db.list at PMPKN.NET>
> Subject:      RamaHanuKwanzMas

--> -