woty

Dennis Baron debaron at UIUC.EDU
Thu Dec 23 17:32:47 UTC 2004

Unfortunately I won't be at ADS because as in the many seasons since
ads decoupled from mla, I have to be at MLA (at least i'll be on the
ads program at mla) and can't do two trips b2b (too hard both on budget
and family). Unfortunately as well, my nominee for woty is once again
roadside bomb. It is a word that has been in the news far too long, and
one we will all be glad to see disappear -- a fate one usually doesn't
wish on the woty. However, that's my word, and I hope that you will put
it into the hopper, along with my best wishes for a great meeting.

Dennis (baron, that is)