Atlanta Constitution and Boston Globe in ProQuest for December, January!

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Fri Dec 24 09:34:06 UTC 2004

_http://www.il.proquest.com/products/pt-product-HistNews.shtml_
(http://www.il.proquest.com/products/pt-product-HistNews.shtml)
Coming Soon!
    *   The Atlanta Constitution--scheduled for December 2004 release
    *   The Boston Globe--scheduled for January 2005 release

I was researching the ProQuest databases on my SABR account (Ben Zimmer
should join--less than $75 a year). I saw the Atlanta Constitution today!

It's a typical ProQuest trick. They digitized 1868, then 1919-1922. So  it's
not 1868-1922. The word "slang" turns up only 204 hits, so very little is
here now.

The Boston Globe in January! Again, don't get too excited that we're going
to find "jimmies" right away. ProQuest will give you only a year or two at the
start.

I'm happy about Boston and Atlanta. San Francisco and New Orleans  still must
be done. And for God's sake, finish up the Los Angeles Times so  I can have
my California roll.

Newspaperarchive still has a greater selection of the Atlanta Constitution,
so still check both.

CO)MPLETELY OFF TOPIC:
WHERE DID BARRY POPIK EAT DINNER?--Andreas, Third Avenue between 23rd and
24th Streets. I had a good meal for under $20. Kind of like an Olive Garden
atmosphere--new and clean and without much soul. The bread bowl of minestra soup
was only $3.95, and eggplant about $10.95.