Microneighborhood; Eddie Layton dies ("Charge!")

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Dec 28 15:41:18 UTC 2004

At 2:20 AM -0500 12/28/04, Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:
>MICRONEIGHBORHOODS
>NEW YORK magazine, 3 January 2005, pg. 40, has an article "The Rise of the
>Microneighborhood." Look for that buzzword to spread.
>The issue itself pulled me in with it's cover of "WHERE TO EAT 2005." The
>cover photo is of a woman with cherry red lips eating a strawberry--an erotic
>image that's tired by at least twenty years. It was used with Nastassja Kinski
>in the movie TESS and then Kim Basinger in 9 1/2 WEEKS. Just in case you
>didn't understand the sexual image here, it appears again on page 21 and again
>on page 25 and again on page 29. The new, redesigned NEW YORK
>magazine--cutting edge for 1984.
possibly referencing the erotic dining scene from the much earlier
movie Tom Jones?  just a guess, but that's the one I remember.

and, if it's not too early in the morning, here's a site providing a
somewhat sketchy but evocative discussion of similar juicy moments:
http://www.very-koi.net/tutor/food/food01.htm

larry