A children's punning/rhyming game

Beverly Flanigan flanigan at OHIO.EDU
Sat Jul 24 17:52:28 UTC 2004

My mother (white, born in MN in 1906) chanted a similar rhyme to us when we
annoyed her with constant questions, but the second line was
different.  For the life of me, I can't recall what it was though, and none
of the alternatives offered ring a bell. It sounds like a turn of the (old)
century rhyme that has largely faded, maybe because the second line doesn't
make any sense.  But what's a front-off game?