Travellator; Giving Five (1874, American West via Mel Brooks)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Oct 24 23:55:53 UTC 2004

Greetings from Changi Airport in Singapore. Three of the "free internet" stations here have blocked AOL.

TRAVELLATOR--The name for the moving walkway here. Is it a generic or a trade name?

GIVING FIVE--I watched Mal Brooks' BLAZING SADDLES again (on the plane). It takes place in 1874 in the American West. Cleavon Little returns to the railroad to check things out, telling his old buds that he now has a shiny star and a new job. He slaps "five" with the workers. Mel Brooks is historically accurate throughout this movie comedy, so I think this should be considered.