"I must, I must, I must increase my bust" (1970)

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Wed Jan 5 19:16:36 UTC 2005

On Jan 5, 2005, at 12:10 PM, Mark A. Mandel wrote:

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       "Mark A. Mandel" <mamandel at LDC.UPENN.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: "I must, I must, I must increase my bust" (1970)
> --------
>
> I remember it with "develop" instead of "increase", and probably from
> the
> sixties.
>
> -- Mark A. Mandel
> [This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]

I had never heard of this at all, till my wife mentioned it, one time.
And, even after that, I had only the impression that it was just
something that she and her girl friends had made up as they approached
puberty back in the late '50's. But it turns out to be known by women
from all over the country.

Who'd a thunk it?!

-Wilson Gray