Computer proverb (?)

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Fri May 13 01:14:30 UTC 2005

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who know binary, and  those
who don't."

I learned this one from my daughter, who encountered it as a T-shirt  slogan.
 There are over 100K hits on Google.  I used it as a  signoff once to the
Historia Matematica list, and someone actually e-mailed me  formally asking
permission to quote me by name in a book he was writing.   Sadly I had to decline
the credit.

A similar-sounding but (I think) unrelated saying is

"There are three kinds of people in this world: those who know how to cound
and those who don't."  One variation: today's Atlantic City Press, page D2,
"Yogi Berra turns 80", quotes Yogi as saying "Baseball is 90 percent  mental.
The other half is physical."

             -  James A. Landau