"gay" again

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 3 23:36:22 UTC 2006

Basically OT, but WTF? A fellow trainee who was from Illinois, named
Gewinner - in 1959, the first person that I ever heard use the term, "dork"
- explained that he had originally planned to join the Marines. However,
when he spoke to the Marines, the only thing that they would promise him was
sixteen weeks of infantry training. The Army promised him that he could go
to Officer Candidate School after only eight weeks of training. So ... I
lost track of him, but I'd be amazed to find out that he made it to OCS. The
Army would promise you anything to get you to sign up. That was only one of
the reasons that people said, "You'll be sorry!" and "The Army sucks!"

-Wilson