The not-so-slow death of truthiness?

Thu Aug 17 01:26:16 UTC 2006

This caused me to think, "Whatever happened to truthiness?" A quick check of
LexisNexis Academinc shows 69 hits in the past six months, 3 in the last
month, and 0 in the past week. This makes it about as well used as LIMPID and only
slightly ahead of OTIOSE and RECONDITE. Franklin Pierce is more popular.

At least ADS didn't vote it "most likely to succeed." Maybe "Most likely to
suck as a real word" would have been a better category?