chachqui

Tue Aug 22 01:19:12 UTC 2006

My wife emailed me today:

I'm waiting for a call back from my cousin, who is far too vague about
things: we need to pin them down. As in, "We could put a shelf in her
closet" or "We can pack up some of the chachquis to make it less cluttered,"
  <<<

I've seen lots of spellings for /'tSatSki/: tchotchke I think is the one
that comes most readily to me. But never a Spanish one before. And there's
only one googit for it.

My wife is not Spanish/Hispanic and does not speak Spanish. OTOH, like me,
she grew up in NYC where you see an awful lot of Spanish, and she's not
ignorant of Spanish orthography.

m a m