shit v. shoot [was: Go sit on your East Coast]

Alan Knutson boris at TERRACOM.NET
Mon Jan 23 21:40:53 UTC 2006

        Two items, unrelated:

        1: Shoot vs shit, a few years ago, here in Madison, I was
arranging the displays in a video store, a shelf fell, I        said
"Shoot!"  A women standing a few feet from me turned and gave me the
dirtiest look, I'm pretty certain she did       not interperet it as an
euphemism.

        2: Did anyone watch the "Today" program this past Sunday, in one
segment the weather presenter was talking to a  group of women from
Columbus, OH, one woman was trying to greet some individuals. Those she
greeted included Tim and        Dog. The reporter than questioned if she
was greeting a pet. "No", she said, "My husband". "Your husband?" asked
the     reporter. "Yes," she carefully replied, "My husband, Doug."

        Alan K

1/20/2006