Tenny runners...

Joanne M. Despres jdespres at MERRIAM-WEBSTER.COM
Mon Sep 25 14:36:15 UTC 2006

I grew up calling a rubber band an "elastic" -- though I changed my
ways when a friend from the metropolitan NYC area set me straight
about the proper term for the thing.  (I was much more
impressionable back then.)

Joanne

called "overshoes."