"Madder than a peach orchard boar" (Molly Ivins)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Fri Feb 2 04:41:00 UTC 2007

Madder than a peach orchard boar? Any historical citations for this?

_http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/opinion/16592346.htm_
(http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/opinion/16592346.htm)
_http://www.creators.com/opinion/molly-ivins/molly-ivins-tribute.html_
(http://www.creators.com/opinion/molly-ivins/molly-ivins-tribute.html)
Posted on Wed, Jan. 31, 2007

That was just Molly bein’ Molly
BY ANTHONY ZURCHER
Creators Syndicate
Molly Ivins is gone, and her words will never grace these pages again — for
this, we will mourn. But Molly wasn’t the type of woman who would want us to
grieve. More likely, she’d say something like, “Hang in there, keep fightin’
for  freedom, raise more hell, and don’t forget to laugh, too.”
If there was one thing Molly wanted us to understand, it’s that the world of
politics is absurd. We can’t cry, so we might as well laugh. And in case we
ever  forgot, Molly would remind us several times a week in her own unique
style.
Shortly after becoming editor of her syndicated column, I learned that one of
 my most important jobs was to tell her newspaper clients that, yes, Molly
meant  to write it that way.
We called her linguistic peculiarities “Molly-isms.” Administration
officials  were “Bushies”; government was in fact spelled “guvment”; business was  “
bidness.” And if someone was “madder than a peach orchard boar,” well, he was
 quite mad indeed.