Any NYC radio personalities out there?

Malcah Yaeger-Dror malcah at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 17 13:01:57 UTC 2007

Larry?
Greg Guy is good at that sort of thing, and is at NYU; if you like i
can get his cell phone number . i don't know if he's teaching then ,
or what. also, if you want someone who is really used to interviews,
then Geoffrey Nunberg works for the NYT and started out working on
dialects...however, i think NPR talks to him in San Francisco, not NY.
or there's a guy at nyu whose name i can't recall, who did a whole
book on shrubbie's linguistic quirks...ah, but not those Jeff has
referred to as his 'faux bubba' routine, so you wouldn't want him
anyway.

all in all, i think Greg Guy is your man. he can be reached at nyu, or
ask me for his cell.
best,
malcah