Page numbers (Was: Re: [ADS-L] antedating of papiros(a) (1852))

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Tue Sep 4 13:16:17 UTC 2007

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 09:10:41AM -0400, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:

> Is there a page number for this?

Actually this comment applies in general--for people who post
antedatings to OED, we would be most appreciative if you could
indicate page and (if applicable) column, section,
etc. numbers/names. We don't always have access to the
databases people use, and even if we do, it's time consuming
to check them, and we'd rather have as much information up
front as possible.

Thank you. We truly appreciate the effort people spend in
making such discoveries.

Jesse Sheidlower
OED