Whiz & names (UNCLASSIFIED)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Sep 26 23:57:06 UTC 2007

At 6:14 PM -0400 9/26/07, Wilson Gray wrote:
>"Do a little dance! Sing a little song! Get down, tonight!" But,
>seriously, folks, since some music calls for a particular dance,
>sometimes, "Hi, you want to dance this dance?" is at least possible:
>"No, thank you. I don't know how to dance the cha-cha-cha. I know only
>how to bend over and rub my butt against your crotch as you mime anal
>sex with me." [writes Wilson, deep greenish-brown with envy and
>wishing that he was under seventeen instead of over seventy.]
>
>-Wilson

The first 7 google hits for "dance this dance with you" include 6
different song lyrics or poems in which the line occurs.  None seem
too salacious, though.  "dance this dance with me" is liberally
attested too.  (It's harder to check "dance this dance" tout court,
because of intervening sentence boundaries.)

LH