Kimchi pizza

Sun Jun 8 07:46:37 UTC 2008

Kimchi pajeon, also known as kimchi pancakes. Seafood pajeon is more
popular, but I prefer the kimchi sort.

I've never heard of kimchi dumplings. Mandu is the word for dumpling
in Korean (Jpn = gyoza, pot stickers), and sure enough, kimchi mandu
gets 6270 Googits.

I also just realized, I had searched for "kimchi pizza" rather than
"kim chee pizza." Perhaps there are earlier citations with the "chee"
spelling.

Googling, "kimchi" gets about twice the hits as "kim chee." I always
thought "kim chee" was preferred in English. You have to take into
account that many hits are not written by native English speakers, but
the evidence for pajeon and pizza is strong for "kimchi" as well.
Perhaps there has been a shift (or perhaps "kimchi" was always
preferred). BB