Teenglish from England

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 18 15:26:59 UTC 2009

An hispanic would say "Geev eet to heem I theenk."  Where all the letter "i"s are pronounced long e. ~ee.  So we would correct them and say all those i's are short.  Problem here is that "think" is does not have a short i but a long e.  It is not said like "thin".  If you say "think thin" over and over you can hear the difference.

I used praat to test this (using my own voice saying these words).  I cut out the vowels and sequenced them randowmly.  My friend was able to discriminate 10 out of 10.  Someone should take the words as spoken in a talking dictionary and test this out while also compairing them to "teen" and "tin".

see truespel.com phonetic spelling

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222986/direct/01/