Bad Girls Ride Again

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 31 00:34:10 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 8:51 AM, Jonathan Lighter
<wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> "I'm going to the beach with Natalie and Exotica." [Apparently her real
> name; born about 1988.]

Wasn't there an indie movie with the the title, Exotica, released
ca.1988? Probably merely a random coincidence, even if so.

> "Game recognize game, baby!" [Anyone as duplicitous as I easily
> recognizes similar traits in another.]

Well, more like, Someone who has talent recognizes another who has
that talent. True, it's duplicity in this case, but it could refer to
"playing sport," "pulling chicks," "booking," (in the sense of
possessing academic talent, as opposed to, e.g. quitting the scene),
"blowing horn," etc. As they say in Russian, Rybak rybaka izdaleko
vidit. Very roughly, "Fisherman recognizes fisherman from a long way
off."

The Boondocks. Robert "Granddad" Freeman is planning to make a run to
Costa Rica, where he expects to spend a pleasant two weeks sampling
the local talent. ["sampling the local talent?" Is that phrase even
understood by today's youth?] Grandson Riley speaks, downing him:

"Game recognize game, Granddad, an' I ain' *nevva* seen yo' ass
befo'!" Or words to that effect.

> "Lauren [is] Kristina's sweetness." [Sweetheart.]

Cute!

> "Kiki [is] Brandi's _booty call_." [Friend you just have sex with whenever;
> not necessarily an actual sweetheart.]

The title of a 1997 movie starring Jamie Foxx. (Another East-Texan,
BTW, from Terrell.)

> "If just one dick would hit on me per week, it'd be all right!" Â [A man
> regarded as a sexual object.]
>
> "I think Kirsten has my back, even though I spit on her and told her to f**k
> herself." [Just had to quote this bad-girl psychological analysis; sorry!]
>
> "Jag it off, quick stick it in, bust it, and go home." [Ladies' dating
> philosophy.]
>
> "If we were ever that cool, you should have no trouble forgiving me."
> [Friendly.]
>
> "I didn't do her sideways, she did me sideways!" Â [Befooled; betrayed;
> treated with treachery.]

Pretty ancient. My WAG: based on "look at someone sideways."

--
-Wilson
–––