Corporate Jargon Jamboree

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 11 17:34:21 UTC 2011

For those who don't know: KYC stands for "Know Your Customer" and refers to
the regulatory requirements surrounding accounts opened for customers. In
short, financial institutions have to verify to whom their customer accounts
belong, and that the funds flowing into the account come from a legitimate
source.

(In the past I have taken part in conversations about the propriety of
taking in a suitcase full of cash for a client.)

DanG