rumble strip

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 2 18:25:40 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Joan H. Hall <jdhall at> wrote:
> I know them as "rumble strips."

Interesting! Like Dan, I didn't have a word for those, either.

Are "Botts dot(t)s" used anywhere west of the California freeway
system? Since I've been living in the East, I've really missed those.
And what about Scotchlite highway-striping? They both should be made
universally mandatory, as long as people like me - middle-seventies,
blinded in one eye by glaucoma - and worse are allowed to continue to
drive the nation's roads and highways.

All say, "How hard it is that we have to die!"---a strange complaint
to come from the mouths of people who have had to live.
-Mark Twain

The American Dialect Society -

More information about the Ads-l mailing list