We believe what? Transubstantiation?

Tue Nov 29 15:06:10 UTC 2011

It sounds like they're (we're, I suppose--I'm a lapsed Catholic, but baptized and confirmed) going back to the English translation that we used in the Latin days--from the Douay Bible rather than the Confraternity version.  I'd say "Why?", but I came from a household where we used to talk about ST. John XXIII after he died (though I did my altar boy duties in Latin).  You lose in grandeur, perhaps.

Paul Johnston