hobo synonymous with panhandler or beggar

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 2 04:18:45 UTC 2012

Perhaps "drifter" might be an improvement over "migratory laborer" or
"migrant worker". Drifters are not averse to taking jobs just as hobos
are not averse to taking charity. Lately, "drifter" appears to have
become the tag for "non-local criminal", particularly in murder cases in
the South.

     VS-)