nyaa nyaa/ naa naa

Jim Parish jparish at SIUE.EDU
Thu Feb 16 02:53:41 UTC 2012

I asked the various members of my scattered family what their tag-call
was. My father was in the army, so we grew up in many places, mostly
army bases, with a wide range of dialects in the mix. I remember it as
"olly-olly-in-free", although "-in-come-free" also sounds familiar. My
brother and my youngest sister remember "-oxen-free"; my other two
sisters agree on "in-come-free". (My middle sister's husband remembers
it as "-umphy". He grew up in Connecticut.)

For what it's worth.

Jim Parish