/Erjudait/

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 28 22:24:49 UTC 2012

For me "erudite" would be ~airuediet (~air as in air, ~ue as in "true", ~ie as in "pie")
But thefreedictionary.com has ~airyuediet for UK, USA, and Icon

Also for "Coupon"
USA  it's ~kyuepaan  (~aa as in "Saab")
UK it's ~kyuepaun   (~au as in "auger")
icon it's ~kuepaan

For "Boston"  all three have ~Baustin   (UK glottalizes the "t")  No ~Baastin
It's always been ~Baustin and ~kuepaan for me.

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, Tenn 3, NJ 33, now Fl 9.
See how English spelling links to sounds at http://justpaste.it/ayk