"payback"

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 29 17:11:51 UTC 2012

This is probably accurate--can't really tell without looking at the
journal. Up to 1917 it was just the Journal of the Association. It
became Asia--not sure if that was the full title, as it may well have
been "Asia: The Journal of ...". Normally, Harvard records list
cross-references to other titles for the same serial, but this Harvard
record is isolated, as are some others. I would say this is far more
unusual than GB's tagging a title on the entire journal based on only a
few years that title was in use. In 1942 it changed the name and started
publishing the Monthly Review of the East and West Association as well.
I find it hard to believe that 1946 was the last year of publication,
but Harvard records sort of indicate that it became "United Nations
World", which is a bit odd, after merger with Free World and
Inter-American. However, this appears to be correct, as UNW started
publication in 1947. (And I was a bit puzzled why Harvard's Yenching
Library would not have the full set--filing under separate titles
explains that, and the library does appear to have a full collection, as
do at least two other Harvard libraries.)

Whatever the case, the catalog number is HF3119 .A5

I am glad it is more widely available than I initially thought.
Searching for a serial titled "Asia" did not appeal as a prospect, at
the time, which is why I cut my search short. No excuse, I suppose.

     VS-)