"irony" again

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Sep 26 16:18:05 UTC 2012

After speaking out on (apparent) behalf of the President--

"Y'all better vote for fucking Obama, OK? We have a black Muslim in the White House. Now that's some amazing shit. It means there is hope in this country."

--Madonna "clarified" her remarks by explaining that she was "being ironic".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/26/madonna-muslim-comments-obama-ironic_n_1916054.html

LH (wondering if that should be transcribed "We have a black Muslim in the White House" or "We have a Black Muslim in the White House"--that's the problem with irony)