"[grand?] foquet", 1793, not in OED

Spanbock/Svoboda-Spanbock spanbocks at VERIZON.NET
Thu Dec 26 18:59:15 UTC 2013

Jean Foquet (also spelled Fouquet and numerous other ways) was an important miniaturist. Maybe it was an optical device that was nicknamed for him?

http://books.google.com/books?id=DSShAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA311&lpg=PA311&dq=jean+foquet+miniature+technique&source=bl&ots=4hpIgdcUVw&sig=3OF-m75PsTAQweBg7OVcs5zP1pw&hl=en&sa=X&ei=MXu8UtXWIZfmoASs3oLIAw&ved=0CDsQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=jean%20foquet%20miniature%20technique&f=false