Weather = bad weather

Wed Jul 31 18:02:24 UTC 2013

Here's another example that probably appeared in a magazine and a book in 1930.

Magazine title: McCall's
Volume 57
Page: GB Page 170
Year: 1930
(Google Books snippet data may be inaccurate)

Book title: Wild wind
Author: Temple Bailey
Publisher: Penn Pub. Co.,
Year: 1930
(Google Books snippet data may be inaccurate; Worldcat gives same year)

[Begin extracted text]
It was late that night when they climbed the hill. A wild March wind
was blowing and the sea was rough. "If this keeps up we'll have some
weather tomorrow," Kit said, as they stood looking out over the
tossing waters. Jacqueline clung to him.
[End extracted text]

Garson