FW: Re: Disappeared as transitive (UNCLASSIFIED)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 20 13:40:39 UTC 2013

Magicians unquestionably used to "disappear" long before 1976.

That doesn't mean that their usage - known to a small amateur and
professional community - had any influence on the political sense of the
term, unless Heller was drawing on the magicians' usage, which is
impossible to know, though seemingly unlikely.

JL